Our team of skilled gynecology (GYN) surgeons provide a range of procedures to treat a variety of female reproductive conditions. We collaborate with your obstetrician to develop a procedure plan tailored to your health and your goals.
Contact us today to talk to our team of specialists.
Common Procedures We Perform
- Hysterectomy: A hysterectomy is a very common GYN surgery. The surgery removes your uterus, and sometimes other organs or tissues around the uterus, including the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix.
- Hysterscopy: In this procedure, a thin, lighted tube is inserted into and through your vagina to examine the inside of your uterus and cervix. This procedure is usually used to perform a biopsy or endometrial ablation, or to remove fibroids or polyps.
- Cervical Biopsy: In this procedure, your GYN surgeon removes a small sample of your cervical tissue to test for the presence of abnormal cells, precancerous conditions or cervical cancer. It is usually performed following an abnormal Pap test.
- Endometrial/Uterine Biopsy: In this procedure, small samples of the endometrial lining of the uterus is removed to test for cancer and other conditions.
- Dilation & Curettage (D&C): This procedure is performed to remove abnormal tissues in the uterus. It is commonly used to treat abnormal bleeding, to find cancer, or to remove tissue after a miscarriage or birth.
- Endometrial Ablation: This procedure removes or destroys the endometrial lining of the uterus. It is commonly used to treat heavy or long periods. It is most often performed for women who do not plan to have more children.
- Colposcopy: A colposcopy is used to explore abnormalities of the vulva, cervix and vagina. It is usually performed following an abnormal Pap test. Our GYN surgeons use a colposcope, an instrument with a small light and magnifying lens, to better view vaginal and cervical tissues.
- Adhesiolysis: This procedure removes scar tissue, or adhesions, that could be contributing to infertility, pelvic pain, and other conditions.